Live bacteria gel to start new pond filters
The new PURE+ Filter Start Gel is then used when brand new filter media needs maturing. Once the filter media has been coated with the PURE+ Filter Start Gel, the beneficial bacteria within the gel will speed up the maturation of your filter media, while helping to convert ammonia and nitrite, resulting in less stressed fish.
• Shake well before use to ensure the bacteria has not settled.
• Unscrew the cap and pour the contents of the bottle directly onto your filter media for best results. You cannot over-dose your filter with gel.
• We always advise the addition of oxygen to your pond via an airpump and diffuser when using PURE+ Filter Start Gel.
• Always perform regular water tests using a suitable test kit, especially before adding fish to the pond.
• If a UV-C is running, switch it off when dosing and keep switched off for 12 hours after dosing.
PURE+ Filter Start Gel will not address problems with green water, a suitable UV-C should be used to clear green water.